Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hanoi - Activities around Lake Hoàn Kiếm


18-Nov-2017, Hanoi - I love how I can write so many post entry and we are still on day one of my Hanoi trip! There is just so much to share. And since I am planning to make more frequent entries to my blog, I thought I'll share in more details of the places that I have been. So we are still at Lake Hoàn Kiếm. What I love about walking around it is seeing people having so much fun there. Vietnamese people are so comical, and don't take themselves too seriously, which is what I like. Above photo shows people taking photograph everywhere. And the way the pose for photo and the photographer, and the crowd and interaction, everything is so comical and fun. It seems they are really enjoying themselves. And it makes me happy just seeing that.


As we walked towards a different part of the park, I saw these drawings on the road, and stones inside the drawing. OMG do they practise witchcraft here too? That would be so awesome! But no, they were just playing pick-up-stones, a childhood game most asian kids would know very well. And everyone was just sitting on the road playing with their friends or family. We found out that you can just join in and pay, and there is a donation box there for you to donate to after that, any amount that you like. How awesome is that! People were interacting and having fun with each other without their mobile phones! OMG!


There was also this bamboo dance, and people were just joining in. Even the guys were dancing! That is so nice when activities are not divided by gender. Tourist were also joining in, and ladies in traditional dresses makes it all so memorable for me.


We also saw mass jinga being played on the road with whole group of families or friends. I don't even know who brought these toys and just throw them on the road for anyone to play! I just know I love this place cause it promotes fun without technology. Make sense?

If you don't feel like playing, there is also concerts around. People were just crowding around to listen. And it wasn't half bad too. In fact, they were playing classical music. So cultured that I felt ashamed of where I came from where everything was more materialistic.


And I took this above photo graph of people drawing portraits around the park. Zoom in on the two old uncle in hats. Aren't they just adorable? They look like some French character from a comic book, or even from Tintin. So chic! At this rate of posting, I will never reach day two of my trip. Lol. Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments