Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Hanoi - Emerald Water Hotel

23-Nov-2017, Hanoi - With the Halong Bay trip behind us, I have achieved what I wanted to achieve in Hanoi, which is tracking in Sapa, and a seeing Halong Bay. Now it was time to just relax, do a little bit of shopping, and wait for our flight back to Singapore. So I purposely choose the best hotel in my option to spend the next 2 nights in, which happens to be Emerald Water Hotel in Hanoi Old District area. At an average of SGD70 per night, it was slightly more expensive, but have great review about the place. 


Check-in was a breeze. While you wait, they treated you to a welcome drink which was so refreshing, it was actually made of turnip! Never tried it before, it was delightful. They also serve us a fruit platter each. The receptionist handed us a map of the area, and what made the service above the rest was, he actually took the time to explained to us what was around, what we like to do, and suggested places to visit etc. I thought that was just wow! So I went to my room and wrote an awesome review for them. It was kinda embarrassing cause when I went back down to book airport transfer, they already knew about my review and thank me and made the rest of the trip really wonderful!


The room was rather small, and the lift was under maintenance when we reach. Luckily we were on the 2nd floor, and the hotel staff offered to bring up our luggage. The bed was decorated with towels folded into dragonflies! It reminded me of our cruise trip. So the first photo was what the bedroom  looked like. The toilet itself has beautiful colourful mosaic walls. 


I don't know whether it was the great review or not, but on the next day, this was what we came back to! A bed full of love and rose petals! I think this is the first time someone decorated my bed with rose petal! I was so delighted! Thank you! And in case I forgot to mention, I super love the bedsheets they use in this hotel. It was super comfortable that I would have love spending my whole holiday just sleeping in them!


Apart from the location, the great service etc, breakfast was also provided, and it is served at the top floor. If you are early, you can sit at the table outdoor and the patio over looking the neighbourhood. The spread was not too bad either, and the service was just excellent. We also splurged on a massage while we were there since they gave hotel guest a 40% off. I had a 1 hour body massage and 30 minutes of foot reflexology I think. It cost around SGD40 for that. The massage was just ok. I preferred the massage I had in Ho Chi Minh anytime, not only for the price, but also for the service. Plus, I preferred an non-aircon room massage place cause it somehow makes the massage more effective. 

I highly recommend staying at this hotel, for its wonderful service, and great location, and lovely everything! It's small, but neat and classy. Will definitely come back here again the next time I am in Hanoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments