Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hanoi - Sunday Morning and Dinner



19-Nov-2017, Hanoi - I realise that I wrote like 7 entries just for my first day in Hanoi, so I've decided to speed things up a bit for day 2, there will be only 2 entries! So here is the first one titled morning and dinner, cause lunch was special and deserve a post by its own... Anyway, it was a quiet Sunday morning, and around the lake we went. There weren't many people up and about yet, so we get to take scenic photos like the above. I love hanging trees with branches touching the water. I have tonnes of that in my digital storage!


The red bridge was rather quiet in the morning. Apparently most people don't like waking up early. Not me! When I am not working, I love waking up super early and have the whole world to myself! 


Here is some explanation of the park if you are interested. You can zoom in and read although I have strunk the photo for online publishing.... Above you can also see the little island in the middle of the lake looking so hauntingly mysterious. And since the weather temperate was cool there, flowers can be seen all over the park. This reminds me so much of Luxembourg Park in Paris. 


We managed to find God on Sunday! We visited St Joseph's Cathedral, which is kinda like the Notre Dame of the east. There was a service on that day, and the church was rather crowded. We went in to take a look and left shortly. As a reward for saying Hi to God, I found my cotton cat store nearby! And wasted a sum of money buying one single pillow case! I will post my collection of cotton cat pillow case if I have the chance. But maybe I'll just leave a reference link below to show you what I meant. 


We also went up close with the Opera House, but so did most of the people in Hanoi. Sooooo many people taking photograph here! But the ladies were all so petite, fair, cute, and comical. 


While I will blog about lunch in a separate post, I did have this lovely lunch just opposite of our hotel. It was actually in a hotel, so the food was rather expensive, like SGD6 per main. I ordered, again, the Bun Cha! I love Bun Cha! And of course, lovely Ice Coffee! They have wi-fi in almost all the cafe and coffee shops here so it wasn't a problem to just sit there and waste your time leisurely away!


Juicy Bun Cha! With even more meat patty soaked in fish sauce separately for you! It was soo freaking yummy! Love love love Bun Cha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments