Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Hanoi - Halong Bay Cave Exploration


24-Nov-2017, Halong Bay - The next morning, after breakfast, we took the tender boat out again and this time, to some cave exploration activities. Above is a photo taken from inside the cave looking out. I just love the silhouettes feel of the whole picture. Anyway, the tender boat let us off at another small island, and even though we were quite early, it was already crowded with people queueing up to go into the cave. In order to enter the cave, you first have to climb up some steps to the mouth of the cave. And that was another moment which I remind myself that it is always to go travelling when you are still young and your body is able! Don't wait!


There are steps going down. Some part of the cave is natural, and some has been reinforced by humans to hold up the structure. It was well lit inside. I would have appreciate it if it was only white or yellow light, but as you see later on, they got kinda creative and included some coloured lights as well, which kinda makes it cheesy looking.


There are guided path which you just follow, easy enough. But it was amazing how beautiful it was inside, and really really huge and deep too! As you go deeper and deeper, the whole place just opens up like another world inside. And then you get a Journey to the Centre of the Earth kinda feel to it. I just love it!


The cave was so huge you could fit a few village inside here! And you also start to wonder how dark would it be without all those artificial lightings. Would it be cold too? Any dark creatures dwelling inside? So super awesome!


Can you get lost inside? 


Where does it all lead to?


But all to soon, the walk came to an end and the stairs started leading you towards day light. Even the ending was a beautiful journey and you started to see sunlight and greens. 


I initially wanted to booked a tour that has dining in a cave, but they were all over my budget. So having to visit at least one cave in my Halong Bay tour was really special to me. Actually when I was looking through all the photos of my Vietnam trip, I found that I looked the happiest and most excited while I was going through these maze of underground cave! The excitement in my eyes were unmistaken showing how I felt inside. This trip alone was worth it. It was a ticket to explore another world within this Earth we live in :)


Finally, another cheesy ending of chinese looking bridges leading us out into the pier again where our boat awaits us. And so ends our trip of Halong Bay as our cruise make its way back to the harbour. We still have a few days left in Hanoi before we headed home to our mundane life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments