Monday, January 8, 2018

Hanoi - First Meal of Eel Vermicelli, Bun Cha, Banh Mi



18-Nov-2017, Hanoi - We reached the Old District where we were staying at around 1pm, but it was too early to check in to our hotel room. So we left our luggage at the hotel and went out to look for lunch. We wanted to try grilled fish, but it was kinda hard to find when you can't understand the signs on the shop! It was called Cha Ca, and we found was a road called Cha Ca! Lol.

We finally decided to eat at a shop near our hotel, and they have English menu on the wall! The price was pretty good too. We ordered Bun Cha and Eel Vermicelli. It cost less than SGD6! Probably around 80kVND. Everything was tasty to me! Especially the Eel Vermicelli soup. It was such a comfort food to me. Although the eel was a bit on the tough side, the soup and the noodle was heavenly! Especially after a tiring week. The Bun Cha was not bad either. This was actually my first actual local Bun Cha. My previous experience have always been in a restaurant.


Since the serving was small, and the price cheap, and since my husband needed something more meaty, we went to a Banh Mi shop and ordered some western looking thingy. They had eggs, bacon, sausages, pate, and lots of gravy. Plus a baguette. I love the baguette here. My friends from Facebook commented that it looks nice, but actually it was too oily for me, and too heavy too. 


This is what the shop kinda look like. They have upstairs seating too. But don't you just love all the Banh Mi lining up so neatly on the shelves?


For drinks I wanted to order corn milk, but they were out of it. So I settled for soya milk instead. My husband ordered the ice coffee, and OMG, the ice coffee was soo good! It was something about the condense milk they use in Vietnam that makes the coffee smell so nice, taste so thick, and almost like  thick chocolate! I drank so much coffee in Vietnam! Affordable and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments