Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hanoi - Sapa Village Day 2


21-Nov-2017, Sapa - The last stop we visited was a slightly bigger village. Above is the village name. This was taken in the main road of the village. An American friend of mine told me it looked like the Wild Wild West. Allow me to zoom out a bit more for you to see better.


So this is what the whole main street look like. I was taking it outside a grocery store at the start/end of the main street. On the left you can see ladies with red head cloth gathering. They are making handicraft to sell to tourist who visit the town. Since it was rainy and muddy, the whole town was rather quiet.


There was a butcher shop in town as well. Above is what it looked like. It reminded me of the Stephen Chow movie titled "To Beijing With Love" featuring the spy who was undercover as a butcher. That was the reason I took this picture.


Here again are the beautiful ladies of Sapa.


And this is what they do when a tour bus drives into the village! They run up to them and trying to sell them everything! I was grateful I look asian that they can ignore me :)


I was talking about the grocery shop where I was taking all these photos from. Well above is what the store look like. It also sell food and drink, herbs and whatever. While waiting for our ride, we just look around, and my husband saw what looked like raw honey. We requested to taste it. So the guide help us pour it out. It was quite good! So we bought a bottle of it back.


Around 4pm our ride came to fetch us back to the 1st hotel to freshen up and have dinner before dropping us to the Lao Cai train station to catch the night train back to Hanoi. The ride back was really really bumpy and muddy! We were in a van like mini bus. And when we reach Sapa town, the traffic was also horrible. I prefer the village anytime! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments