Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hanoi - Ti-Top Island


23-Nov-2017, Halong Bay - Above is the classic photo shot of Halong Bay, beautiful, serene, peaceful, green, surreal etc. This was taken at the top of Ti-Top Island, one of the very first stop of our Halong Bay cruise. But don't be fooled by the photo. Continue to read on and I will explain.


Above is a GPS map photo of what Halong Bay actually looks like, a few 1069 islands in a cluster? It is a maze of limestone island. You have to be there to believe how massive it is. You can surely get lost in it. 


And this is Ti-Top Island. Looks pretty Chinese-HongKong-ish to me. The goal was to attempt to climb to the peak to get the most beautiful view of Halong Bay. So everyone kinda made a bee line towards the steps leading up. These are the few trips I am glad I didn't wait until I am old to make. The steps were steep! And slippery due to the sand. And there wasn't mush hand rail for you either. The fact that I hurt my hand while jumping across a river in Sapa didn't help at all as my thumb was more or less like jelly. Every time I accidentally bang into it, it goes the other way like a broken sausage. But still, we made the climb, so that we can share the beautiful view with you all!


Above are all the tourist tender boat parking to let their passenger off Ti-Top Island. After which they have to move out so other boat can also come ashore. There was a lot of horning, so it wasn't actually that peaceful on the island at all.


And this is what the beach actually looks like! To me, this was too crowded!


And from the top, you can actually see so many cruise dotting the water all over Halong Bay! Just remember, this is low season due to the cold weather! Even then, we had to queue to climb up the peak! Can you imagine how crowded it would get during peak season! Ya, no thanks. I am glad I came in winter! I don't do well in crowd.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments