Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Closing


This will be my last post on Brazil. The whole experience would not have been possible if I haven't decided to take a chance and change my job to join Daimler in 2018. My German colleagues from my ex-company call it the 3 pointed stars. I never knew the logo of Mercedes Benz was a star back then. I joint the company specifically just to get a chance to work in South America, and I am really grateful for that experience. 


I worked in a plant, not a office, in Brazil. It is about 45 minutes outside of the city. Inside, it's like a huge community! There is a merchandise shop there where you can get some souvenirs too! But everything was so expensive there. Probably because it is, after all, a luxury brand. I was really tempted to get the jacket that has the Mercedes Brand and Petronas on it, cause Petronas is a Malaysian brand. Plus, it was in minty green too! But it cost over SGD100, so ....


One day after our workshop, my colleague gave us a tour of the plant. He took us on a walk around the area, and I was amazed how huge it was. There were roads leading everywhere. It has it's own petro station, and round about, fire brigade, a few canteens etc. 


We saw some vintage car in a garage that was off limits. I managed to only took a peak at it. 


And there was even a stream cutting through it.


There were humongous trucks driving around. This one looks like Optimus Prime, except it's Mercedes Benz, not General Motor! hahahaha. 


I also spend a lot of time drinking espresso after the daily workshop. It was a nice way to relax and catch up with colleagues or with my boss before headed off work.


To end the album, here's a photo of me with two giant trucks in the show room opposite from the building where I work.


Here's a group photo of the team that started the project in the requirement workshop.


And the IT team that took us out for local lunch one day. 

Thanks Brazil! You have been wonderful! Hope to visit you again someday!

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments