Thursday, May 7, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Trip home from Johannesburg to Singapore


We were stuck in Johannesburg airport for quite a long time. How long? Well I managed to have my breakfast AND lunch at the airport lounge. Even took a nap there. Luckily the food served was rather interesting, so I keep helping myself to the wonderful snacks there. things like chips, onion chutney, blood oranges, wraps, cheese! I love that lounge!


The toilet at the lounge was also pretty impressive. You can take a shower here. But na, not for me. It was still long way home, no point freshening up now. I did managed to do some shopping. Sadly I only have 100 South African money to spend here, and it was all used up too fast. Look out for my shopping post coming up soon .... And oh yeah, half way while waiting, the airport had a black out. Which was kinda funny to me. We were at the lounge, and we couldn't tell what plane was boarding cause there were no electricity. But everyone was just calm and going about their business as usual, like perhaps this happens on a regular basis....


Finally, after a long wait, we finally get to board our plane. I dunno why the above photo says 1145pm. I don't recall it was a night flight. But anyway, there is just a wonderful feeling when you board SQ flight after a long journey away from home. It is that feeling that you are now safe, that SQ will look after you. You are now with your people now, and they know how to look after you. They speak your language etc. Did you ever have similar experience like this before? For me, it was a relief whenever my return flight is on a SQ. It's like I can finally let my guard down and relax. I'm almost home. 


And sure enough, the first dish they serve me? Satay! And I notice for the other guess, the stewardess would ask if they would like the sauce on the side. But for me, she just drench those peanut sauce all over my satay, and if I could, I would have licked those plates! 


I can't remember what dish this is. So I'll just leave the photo here.


But I remember this was fish with truffle mayo couscous, and I couldn't get enough of it. This was enough plate that I could have licked clean! Apparently all the dishes were designed by chef.


By the time I reached dessert, I was pretty full. I was struggling with the vanilla ice cream, but I refuse to back down on the fight. The stewards left me alone to finished up my ice cream.


Breakfast was just a light plate of fruits. 


And through out the flight, I listened to Sam Smith while I sleep. These days, every single flight I take, I listen to this album. It is just so soothing to hear his voice. And so we ended out last Business Trip to Brazil. In the next few post, I'll just add a post of where I work, and maybe a few post on the shopping I did before we officially close off this album. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments