Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Osaka Sept 2019 : Dotonbori's Secret Shrine


Before we went to Osaka, I did some research and watched many Youtube recommendation to plan out our itinerary. One of the Youtube, Rion Ishida recommended visiting a secret shrine along Dotonbori that most tourist never go to.  So after having enough of Dotonbori and it's crowd, we went looking for the secret alley. It was so cute that you can find mini torii gate showing you the entrance to the secret shrine!


Even the alley leading there look so awesome. A narrow dark alley lighted up by red lanterns. I would have  never found the place if I have not seen it before on Youtube and knew what I was looking for!


So  just next to the famous street, lies a quiet road and back alley where many small pubs and restaurants were found. Buddhist stone statues can also be found around here. 


That's my head showing in the photo above. It's a photo of a beautiful stone path leading to a small garden right next to the shrine. 


And this is what the shrine looked like. Above is where you are supposed to wash your hands and mouth before praying. 


And again, people queueing up. I think this was to a reception counter. 


And queueing to over prayers.


Here's me offering my prayers. You drop a coin at the box and pray. After that you take the water scope and filled it with water and splash it all over the God who is covered in moss! You have to be careful cause you might get wet if the wind changes direction, or if the water splashes back at you!


And here is what the quieter streets of Dotonbori looks like. I like the red lamp along the streets. I prefer these type of atmosphere as compared to neon lights and crazy deco trying to lure you in to spend money at their shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments