Saturday, May 16, 2020

Osaka Dormy Inn Tanimachi


We landed in Osaka at night, around 9pm or 10pm, and made our way via train to our hotel. We were staying at Dormy Inn Tanimachi, and the above poster from the hotel shows the hotel mascot, the "pekcheck" little green bird. The mascot appears everywhere in the hotel, and always look frustrated and grumpy. Maybe cause Dormy Inn is kinda like a business hotel? I'm not sure. I have stayed in Dormy Inn Korea before, so I knew roughly that the service would be ok. Plus, they have onsen! And it was walking distance to one of the attraction I wanted to visit - Osaka Castle. So that would save us some travel cost. It was also off the tourist attraction, meaning it was a much quieter place to stay in and cheaper, I guess. I tried getting a place around Namba Dotonbori area, but it was also expensive and crappy. 


Dormy Inn also have their free shuttle bus service, and we did took it on our first day to downtown. It was just a ten minute ride, but still, saving on our transport cost! Super value for money hotel! Did I mention they have an onsen on site? Read on more on why I am such a fan of this hotel chain.


Normally in Japan, I don't really book a hotel with breakfast as it is expensive and you can always get more fun food to eat at a lower price outside. But this hotel booking was done by my husband, and we ended up with breakfast included! Above is the breakfast cost if you do a walk in, not too shabby right? Plus, it was a buffet breakfast! So here are our daily intake during breakfast.


My husband's plate were mainly carbo free since he is trying to cut down on carbs. The sauces in their stews and soup were super delicious! And the eggs so perfectly fried for you! It's made to order at the counter. 


But after a few days there, since the curry was so delicious, he started on pilling on the carbs! There were many small dishes of preserved vegetables available too as side dish.


I had curry rice almost on a daily basis cause I just simply love the taste of it. I also eat those fried stuff cause we seldom fry food at home unless it's a long weekend. Plus ebi tempura tends to be expensive to order, whereas in a buffet, it's free flow!


Note the coffee take away cup above. It's super cute and I will show you more photo of it in the next post. I simply love japanese food even though most of the things you can actually make it simply at home. And best of all, I love Japanese rice. I know rice makes me fat, but whenever I am in Japan, I just pile on the rice. I can eat up to 2.5 bowls per meal. 


There were many mainland Chinese tourist staying at the hotel, so it can get kinda rowdy sometimes. So we usually sit at the window high table seat for single seaters. It looks out into the streets outside, and you can see office workers at work too. But since we were there during the weekend, it wasn't as busy as it might have been. Overall, a very enjoyable stay, except that the bed was small. Other than that, I would totally stay in this chain of hotel again, and one of the main reason is given in my next blog entry!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments