Sunday, May 17, 2020

Osaka Dormy Inn Tanimachi - Freebies!


This post is all about why I love Dormy Inn so much. Free alcohol! Yes, you read right. From 7pm onwards, the cafe is open and you can go there and chill and drink as much alcohol as you want! They even provides snacks as shown in the photo above. And their beer glasses are also custom made, which makes it super nice to take photo with it as a souvenir shot. 


Besides beer that is free flow, you can also get highball. Above is a highball machine. Next to it is actually a fridge full of chilled glasses or mug. So you just queue up, take a glass and put it in one of these machine and press a button, and it will serve you up a tall cold glass of highball or beer!


On the first evening, we just went for drinks. On subsequent days, we usually buy some snacks and go back to the hotel early to eat them at the cafe with our free drinks! It's really enjoyable and save us a lot of money vs if were were to eat and drink outside! Above some Japanese sweet mochi and picked fish sushi! My favourite! I guess that's why I like Kansai region so much, cause I love picked fish sushi!


The hotel is surrounded by 3 different "combini" or convenience shop, so you could always pop over to get some instant food. If not, you can take a 20minutes walk to a nearby supermarket to get more variety of fried food to wash down with your beer! So here we got fried squid, and some salty little fishes as bar snacks. 


Apart from alcohol, the drink machine was also operating, and because I wanted to go to the onsen, I didn't want to get drunk before soaking myself in hot water. So I top up my coffee, and bring it down to my room to eat with my pre-packed dinner of scallop and sweet prawn. I usually also get those pickled fish sushi too. Isn't the coffee cup just pretty! I love it so much cause it look so nice and it's just small enough for me to get enough coffee to brighten up my day, or night. 


More pix of our DIY bar snacks!


Lastly, here is the ultimate reason why you should stay in Dormy Inn, FREE RAMEN! Served from 930pm -11pm. And if you think it would taste crappy, you are so wrong! They are so freaking delicious that I wish I could eat more than one bowl per sitting!


The noodles are springy, and the soup is so rich and flavourful! You can top it up with seaweed, and eat with a side of kimchi. It's a wonderful way to end your night before going to sleep with a tummy that is super full! So yeah, the hotel cost might be slightly higher, but you get onsen, free breakfast, free ramen, and a few nomikai! (drink buffet). 3 thumbs up! The only thing you need to forgo is the night life in town. But since we hate crowded city night life anyway, it was just great for us! Will definitely stay again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments