Sunday, May 10, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - More Fun Shopping


This post is just odds and ends of things I also got myself in this trip. The above is I assume, some turkish sweets? I got these at a shop near the central market on our first Sunday there, and it was quite cheap and tasted so good! Super sweet! I tried to buy more then next time I was there, but the shop was closed. I don't really know what these are call, but I would eat them again without a doubt.


I got these boxes of kitten from Japan town Liberdade, and it reminded me that I've totally forgotten to blog about our trip there! So there will be a back dated post after this one to fill that in before we wrap up this album. Anyway, a Japanese lady sold me these, but she couldn't speak Japanese....


I got some cheese snacks to munch at home. Very "jelak" after eating a few. 


I saw a variety of Kit Kats at the supermarket and got myself some. I always thought only Japan has the most unusual Kit-Kat flavour, but those that are found in Brazil aren't too shabby either! I especially like the passion fruit Kit Kat which is kinda tangy. I just don't like it that it comes in white chocolate for all three packs.


More and more granola. I guess I got around half a dozen pack or more. And they lasted me for almost half a year! All gone now.... Wondering where I can buy them again. Or should I consider making them on my own? I saw some Youtube channel showing you how to make your own granola....


Above are my frozen microwave meals that I tried there. Can't remember which ones were nice. They were all very cheesy. Each pack is around maybe 3SGD? Cheaper than having a meal outside.


Brazilian flavoured Nissin noodles. Saw these in a grocery shop near my hotel and decided to try them. Super salty! But interesting I guess. 


We saw a guy demonstrating how to use the above nail decorator in Japan town. It was so fascinating that I decided I want one. It was only like 1SGD or something. My boss decided to get a kit for his daughter too and paid for mine. 


So this is what I did when I got back to my room. Pretty neat huh? And then I remembered I don't have a nail polish remover! And I still had to go to work the next day! How unprofessional! Lucky for me, it wasn't a Japanese company!


I got some cheap singlets from the hypermarket too. The left one especially says "Brazil" on it makes a nice souvenir. I used the other one as a yoga tee. I wanted to get some zumba clothes, but somehow, that didn't happen.


Lastly, I got myself a pack of toys from the central market area, at this budget shop. These are made in China, but it cost only SGD15 for the whole set, and I really like it. I was walking past it a few times and thinking whether I should buy it since it's such a non-practical item. Well, I got it. After all, you only live once, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments