Monday, May 25, 2020

Osaka Sept 2019 : Kushikatsu Lunch


Kushikatsu Daruma is probably the famous Kushikatsu restaurant people usually go to I guess. It can be found almost anywhere in Osaka! But why try something that look like a fast food restaurant when we can have something more local?


After walkthrough the whole of Janjan Yokocho, I was set on trying Kushikatsu for lunch. The problem was picking one. One that is now crowded, and has no English menu, and where preferably a set menu was offered since I didn't know what people order for a Kushikatsu meal. So we ended up in the above restaurant. 


As you can see, no English menu! But there were some set menu, so we ordered some of that. And while waiting for it to come, I try my best with my broken Japanese to read the menu.


We also ordered some beer, and some red wine that was served with ice. 


When the food came, here was what we got. A set of grilled items, and a set of fried items. Sauces were available at the table where you can dip your fried items in them and eat it. It was kinda like "lok-lok", a popular roadside snack in Malaysia. The food wasn't too bad actually, and we quickly finished up the food. 


Hubby really like this beef tendon dish. It goes super well with beer.


We did a second order too, and that's when I realise some words I thought I knew, turned out to be totally wrong. But it's food anyway, so nothing is wasted even if it wasn't something I was expecting.


Here's that red wine in ice. My husband didn't like it, but I did. Taste like ribenna! But with alcohol!


There were cute signs all over the shop. There were stern sign telling you not to double dip your stick into the sauce after taking a bite due to hygiene purpose. The waiter also emphasis this to us as it was quite clear from when we spoke that we weren't Japanese. 


There were also sign selling their sauces. I guess this is spicy sauce?


This one is the normal dipping sauce.


And more ways to tell you how to eat the kushikatsu. And again, stern sign in yellow on the left NO DOUBLE DIPPING! On a whole, it was an interesting experience to finally had a chance to try this. It was kinda expensive for a meal. Almost 70SGD for two person. Although we did ordered 2 beers and a wine with the meal. It's not the healthiest food to eat, but it was definitely fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments