Saturday, May 23, 2020

Osaka Sept 2019 : Shinsekai


This photo above is extra large cause I simply love it! It's so colourful and retro and crazy all at once! This place is call Shinsekai, or New World in English. It's at a rougher side of Osaka, and I've always wanted to come here just to take this shot! Unfortunately, this photo was taken by  my hubby who has a better camera than me. 


So after visiting Osaka Castle and the park, we took a train to another town, and walked towards this retro place. Initially I wanted to try some cheap sushi here, but I kinda chicken out. The plan was to have a late lunch here, and wait for night fall to see the lights before headed back to the hotel for free drinks. 


This place was like a mini version of Dotonbori, but more intimate, and less crowded. The shops were beautiful, and it was just a cross section where everything is. At first I thought it might not be worth coming all the way here to see this. But because I researched before coming, I kinda knew where are some of the places I wanted to explore here. 


All the famous Osaka food chain stores can be found here. But with a lot less queue than Dotonbori. It also has a more local feel to this place. 


The sign board or deco of the shops were really exaggerated. It feels like all the food were extra large and gonna fall down on top of you! It's a very surreal kinda place, especially for someone who love food as much as I do!


You will know you are out of Shinsekai area if you walk straight and hit the zoo at the end of it. Just turn back and explore more! Zoos are boring anyway...


Here's another retro shot of the famous tower here. You can go up to the observatory deck, but, NAH.


Souvenir shot of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments