Friday, May 8, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - Shoe Shopping


Here is one thing that I would probably never have to buy again - Slippers! Every time I come to Brazil, I get go home with two pairs of slippers. There are so many varieties available. You don't even have to go to a high end store like in Singapore to buy Havaianas or Ipanema. The picture on top was taken at a hypermarket. And best of of all, the slippers are really cheap! On my first trip, I got them for like 20SGD per pair, but on this trip, I got these for less than 10SGD per pair. 


Here are the two I got this trip, the middle one a Havaianas, and the right one a Ipanema. The green one is my Malaysian Flippers. I love slippers! They are cheap, non-slippery, and last forever! They are also wonderful in rainy countries as they dry easy, and easy to pack with you anywhere. I always, ALWAYS bring along a pair whenever I travel. One reason is, my wear a size 4, and it's not easy to find a shoe that small for adult. So even when I am in Japan onsen, I wear my own slippers even if they provide free slippers in the ryokan. 


Anyway, these are my very first pair of Ipanema! They are so bright and colourful and so beach-cy! 


I also love this pair of Havaianas as it looks more formal, plus the colour and design is so pretty. I'm not a shoe kinda girl, but these are so cheap that I couldn't help myself by buying them all! My favourite is still the original ones which I got on my first trip here


At the airport before departing, I saw these key ring version of Havaianas, and since I have some left over cash, I decided to buy two, one for me, and one for my project team mate in Singapore. Just as a small token of remember our project here. These are so cute!


As I spend a lot of time in the supermarket, I also took some photo of interesting things in it. For example the beer fridge above is so cool! Wish they have these here in Singapore!


Some of the supermarkets are so big it has its own cafe in it. Here is one of them. My boss treated me to cake and coffee while we took a rest from shopping. I love grocery shopping in different countries cause it gives you a glimpse of how the local people eat, as well as what are the things they use. Will show you more of the things I got for myself in the new few post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments