Monday, May 11, 2020

Brazil Biz Trip (July 2019) - LIberdade


Wow, I can't believe I left out Japan town. It was one of those places I was so looking forward to visiting cause I thought it would be full of Japanese products there. Well, I wasn't exactly right in that assumption. It was more like a mixed of Japanese, Chinese, Korean town.... But when we landed, we landed in front of a Cathedral, so we went in to take a look again. 


I guess it was Sunday? Cause there was a mass on. It was a smaller church by the corner of Japan town, just right before you walk in to oriental city. 


The buildings around Liberdade is Asian influenced, mainly Japanese. Brazil has the largest Japanese immigrant in the world, so there is a significant Japanese population here. Even in the office, one of the colleagues we work with has a Japanese surname. 


One of the unique thing to see here is the Torii traffic light. You can only find these here and no where else in the world. How cool!


The street lights are also asian influenced. I wonder how they look at night. Maybe red in colour? Haha. 


There was a Japanese Garden in the middle of it all, and we went inside to have a look. 


As shown here, it was very crowded. And it was also very small. There wasn't much to see really. Totally not impressed by it. 


There is a super big Torii gate in the center which looks pretty impressive. 


Here's another view of it.


And the bridge connecting two sides of it. You can seem more graffiti below. And along both sides of the bridge, people were selling their wares. Kinda like a street market.


My boss insisted that I have some sushi while I was there. And because he is vegetarian, I could only bring him to a fusion restaurant to have my sushi. He had some fried noodles, and I ordered the above. They were terrible! The salmon was dry, and the rice too packed and tasteless. I struggled to finish these. Nope! Next time, only have sushi in Japanese restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments