Friday, May 29, 2020

Osaka Sept 2019 : Hilton Hotel Basement Restaurant


Since we had no whether to go, and it was too early to take a train to Kyoto, we decided to wonder around Osaka station. While we were looking for a restroom, we walked past a row of restaurant at the basement of the Hilton Hotel. A restaurant was a great place to spend time in, and since they have seafood, my husband decided to give me a treat. It was a Hokkaido seafood restaurant, and both of us really miss the food in Hokkaido, so we decided to go in and give it a try. After all, eating at such a place in Singapore would be beyond our budget. 


We both ordered a set lunch, and added a crab dish to share, as well as a Sapporo beer to share. Above is how they serve the crab gratin. Isn't it lovely?


we weren't sure whether it was already cooked or not, but since there was a small fire under it, we decided to wait, and the crab paste slowly melted like butter. Taste so heavenly!


I'm not sure if we ordered a second one for this. But I remember it was so delicious!


The crab was just the appetiser, and pretty soon my set meal arrived. It was sushi rice covered in little silver baits, and a side of tempura. I ordered it because it looks the most alien set menu there, and I was feeling adventurous!


They were really generous on the little fishes. And I can understand if some foreigner from the west find this totally unappetising. But to me, it was delicious! I finished the whole bowl, even though we had just had a buffet breakfast and morning snacks. 


The tempura was also not too shabby. A very delightful meal.


My husband of course went all out and ordered the full sashimi set. It came in a bouquet of raw fishes and decorated so nicely too! Wow. I miss eating Japanese food in restaurant. I told myself that after all this Covid19 madness is over, I need to go treat  myself to a nice Japanese meal!

And so ends our last day in Osaka. We boarded the train after lunch and made our way to Kyoto, which is like 1 hour away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments