Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Osaka Sept 2019 : Old Market Alley


After lunch, we continue our exploration at Shinsekai. By this time, it started to drizzle, so we went to seek shelter. We found some covered shopping arcade nearby, and decided to spend some time here while waiting for the rain to stop. It was an excellent decision, as we found a local market there that happens to only open on Sunday!


But before we step in, the shops outside was also quite interesting and retro. Here's a whole shop of Gachapon! 


The retro decoration of the covered shopping arcade with beautiful poster hanging from the ceiling.


I didn't take much photo inside the alley. It was kinda like a quiet chinatown, selling shoes, household items, vegetables etc. But I did tool some photo of artistic rocks! I find it hilarious! Especially the pricing too! I posted this on my Facebook account, and even my Japanese friends find it hilarious. I love this place!


Not only is this place retro and hilarious, the people here were fun too! In the middle of the alley, there were some uncles and aunties drinking alcohol, and playing darts! On a spinning board! It was a thrill just watching them getting drunk and trying to aim for a target on a spinning board! There were also buskers playing guitar or music and singing. A very local feel to it all. I love this place.


And what is a retro place if it was not for traditional local sweets? Found a wagashi shop inside and got ourselves some snacks. The colours are just to pretty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments