Thursday, December 13, 2018

2017 Christmas Long Weekend - Books!


I had a weird Christmas last year. I was surrounded by a lot of second hand books! My husband have gone out that morning to collect bags of books that people have thrown out from the Singapore Free Cycle group. Ho ho ho, how he regretted it. 


So it came with a few recycle bags of food, and the instruction was to take what I want, and give the rest out to another cycle. Kinda like a filtering process. But little did he know, it was very very difficult for me to part with books!


After long hours of sorting, probably the whole afternoon, I was allowed to keep only one box of books. Most of it was romance novels and best seller type of books. Not exactly my kind of liking. But hey! Free books! I've read a few so far (maybe 2), and the whole box is still sitting in my study room today! It shall go into my retirement pile of books to read. Surely I am retiring soon!


I found this lovely bookmark inside one of the book, and I thought isn't it lovely. Only a person who love words can make something so simple yet so beautiful. So from one idealist to another, I kept the bookmark. And in case I lose it, I also took a photo of it and posted it here. 


Here are my rows of books! hahahahaha


Or tower of books!

Merry Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments