Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Meraki Cafe Penang


Recently after discovering that there is a service apartment which we can stay in at Island Plaza Penang, we have been staying there for our every trip back this year. And just below on the ground floor, there are three coffee shops: Coffee Bean, Bean'Angel, and Meraki Coffee. This post is about the Meraki Coffee.


Our service apartment doesn't come with breakfast as hotels usually do. Most of the time, we eat outside as we are always back for some purpose. But usually on the last day before check-out, I like to have a slower pace morning and go down for a nice coffee. And Meraki is where I'm usually headed cause we don't have this in Singapore. Meraki is also the only place that serves a decent breakfast. 


I love the way they serve the coffee here. Each one comes with a coffee art. The coffee is super thick, and the cup their serve it in maintains the temperature of the coffee quite well. Everything look so clean and simple in this should as well.


The first time I went to this shop, it was mainly to try the banana gula melaka pancake. It cost RM14, which converts to less than SGD5. They sprinkle toasted walnuts and almonds on it that makes it taste really fragrant. This was probably my favourite breakfast here. I think I've had it 3 times this year! The coffee is almost the same price as the food, at RM12 a cup which to me is ridiculously expensive! But if I convert that to SGD4 a cup, it is still slightly cheaper than most coffee in Singapore. So indulge while I still can. 


In our most recent trip, we had more time and spend it twice in this coffee show. That's why I had so many photos to post here. And based on my photo collection, no coffee art has been repeated yet! Kudos!

Above was taken on my solo breakfast day. After the coffee, I actually spend almost 2 hours in the shop working on my blog photos. I love the quiet time I get there. Lovely music, lovely ambiance. 100% better than my office environment. I really need to look for a remote job next so that  I can work in such nice coffee shop!


My husband joint me after 30mins, and he got more coffee, so I got more photos. 


I like this one cause it's like half/half art!


I also love the scramble eggs they serve here cause they put parmesan cheese in the scramble egg and that made it taste heavenly milky and buttery. It was also served on a multigrain and nut bread, which was also toasted, giving the nut a very fragrant touch to it. This dish also cost RM14. Totally better than a McDonald breakfast meal in Singapore which cost the same price!


End this post with the last coffee art we got. Hope to visit again sometime next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments