Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Home cooked Thai Tom Yam - Original


I know I just posted a post on Thai Tom Yam a few days back, but as it so happens, I also found the original photos of the first time I cook the same pack of Tom Yam, but with slight variation. This one is with lots and lots of shiitake mushrooms! And it was served as a dish accompanying a typical meal. Cooking method is more of less the same. Ingredient is as per above photos. I believe there were also prawn involved. If you want to make vegetarian one, you can use tofu instead. I bet it would taste just as nice! But do check whether the sauce itself is vegetarian. Some may have prawn paste inside. 


So a typical meal at home on a weekend would usually involve once vegetable, in this case it is baby kaolin and shiitake! The protein/soup of tom yam, and one side dish of fried eggs and onions. Whenever I have spicy food like tom yam or curry fish, I find that fried egg goes very well with it. Probably because seafood don't fill me up very well. I need more proteins!


The table settings at my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments