Saturday, December 22, 2018

Air fryed Pork Ribs and Corn


Today's real time post is on my lunch, and dinner, and probably tomorrow's lunch as well, my first roasted pork ribs and corn, cooked using my air fryer! Above is the result of it. 

I've mostly used my air fryer for frying stuff, but apparently you can also make roasted corns and pork ribs Tony Roma's style! I already got a bottle of mustard flavoured BBQ sauce which was on sale last week for around sgd3.95. So this week, voila!

I must say, ribs are expensive! Although I asked my husband to get me sgd8 worth of ribs, he came back with sgd16. But I managed to make 3 meals out of it, which is still expensive of I'm targeting to retire early! The sweet corn was sgd1.50 for two, and they were delicious!

Cooking the sweet corn only took ten minutes, and I'm amazed at how yummy they turned out. And best of it, they have a smokey burned aroma to it, something I can't get if I steamed them. So that's a thumbs up for me! After ten minutes, while they are still warm, lotion them up with butter and a bit of mayo. 

The ribs was marinated with just BBQ sauce, pepper and garlic. Some recipe calls for honey, soya sauce etc. But I figure the BBQ sauce was sinful enough. Recommend to marinate for 4 hours. My first serving was marinated only for 3 and the marinate haven't really sipped into the bones yet. 

Cooked for 15mins. Then maybe another 10 to 15 more mins depending on the ribs. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before eating. It was quite good, especially the fatty part and the burned part. I had only 2 ribs for lunch today, paired with one whole corn. I think it's a pretty healthy and easy to cook meal. Looking forward to my dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments