Friday, December 14, 2018

Home cooked Din Tai Fung Fried Rice


Ding Tai Fung is a super famous restaurant in Singapore, and it is also the only place I would order and paid for a fried rice. Their egg fried rice are fluffy and delicious and cost around SGD8 per serving. Well, on the previous weekend, I had some left over rice that I needed to get rid off, and since we have some prawns and spring onions at home, I decided to youtube the recipe for this dish. As a Chinese, it is hard for me to justify spending so much money on restaurant fried rice when I can make it at home myself!


So after watching the youtube clip, I was highly inspired, and started prepping all the ingredient required. Above are the items loosely based on the recipe: short grain rice (all my rice are short grain these days, my little luxury in life), 2 eggs, 8 prawns, and two stalks of spring onions chopped up. 


The recipe also calls for chicken stock powder, which I didn't have at home. I did however, have a pack of dashi fish stock powder. And since this is a seafood based fried rice, I thought I'll just use this as a substitute instead. I bought these from Isetan for maybe SGD3 for 6 individual packs. They were meant for my self-made okonomiyaki flour mix, something I have planned to experiment with in near future. 


So ta-dah! My brunch for a lovely Saturday morning before I head for the gym for my zumba class. Verdict? It was really not bad! It would have been better if I had more rice and could make a proper two serving instead of a 1.5 bowls of rice. But the dashi powder really add flavour to this dish. And I guess now I can't order that Ding Tai Fung Fried Rice any more.... more savings to my pocket! 

Leaving here the recipe I followed on youtube for your reference:

Ref:
Ding Tai Fung Singapore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments