Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2017 Christmas Long Weekend - Food


I know it's almost Christmas 2018, but at the rate I process my photos and post them here, sometimes you can get a delay of a few years! It just so happens that I found the folder of Christmas 2017! And judging by the folder title, it must have been long weekend in 2017. And my favourite way to end the year is to stay home, and cook and eat! So let me share with you some of the meals I had around a year back during Christmas.... Breakfast. I am a super protein junkie. So sausages, baked beans, fried egg, and coffee. Super charged!


Don't judge me! I also do healthy version of breakfast. For example, banana and just milk coffee. See! Healthy!

Almost every Christmas, I bake chicken for dinner. Guess this is the most western thing I can cook. Plus, it's easy to make. Just marinate everything (maggi sauce and herbs and bell peppers). Baked for 45 - 60 mins at 180 to 220 degrees celsius. And the best thing is, you can prepare it in the morning, and cook it for dinner, saving you cooking time cause it's so yummy and easy to make. 


Throw in some mashed potatoes and salad and you have yourself a wonderful meal! Nando sauce helps too! And beer! Above is how my home is usually decorated for Christmas. We use miniature Christmas deco cause putting up and taking down the tree is too troublesome. Plus, my husband hates the tree. He is Grinch. 


Judging from the next few photos, I recalled that we made a trip to woodland Melvados and bought a set of pies. I think it was 4 pies for maybe SGD12? or SGD10? You can check it on their website in the reference link below. It comes in chicken and beef, frozen. So just defrost and bake it. Same formula, add mashed potatoes and salad, and voila! Lunch!


Or dinner!


Add some high-end beer and you have yourself a gourmet English meal! Mash and liver pie?

Ref

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments