Wednesday, December 19, 2018

KF1 - Go-Kart


Today I'll be blogging about recent events! As fresh as like only last week! My new company recently had a team building event last Wednesday, and I thought it was so interesting that I've decided to dedicate 3 to 4 blog post on it. So this is the very first one, and it's about Go-Karting at KF1 circuit in Kranji Singapore. 


We have booked the whole place for the day, and our department was split into 4 teams to take turn at the GoKart. There were other events on-going as well, but I guess the main highlight was the race. Lucky for me, our team got to go first cause I was grouped together with all the people who didn't have a driving license. So our speed was cap at 30kmh max! If you have a license, you can drive at 50kmh. The best place to be at this event, is actually at the lounge which is air conned! And has a great view of the race track. 


The track is not too big, and it does involve some weird turns. The last time I drove one of these was like 10 years ago at Downtown east. I was kinda nervous about driving, but my fear was uncalled for cause it was so freaking fun! After the first trial, everyone was just eager to get behind the wheel and drive and drive.


The track is really really near Kranji MRT. Here is a shot of the train going pass. I guess that would be a good advertisement for them as well. When I last checked their website, I saw that they were opening another circuit in Jurong. So I guess business is good. 


For the race, we were assigned team 1A, and had to share 2 karts among the 6 of us. So 3 each. We had Kart 1 and Kart 2 and had our own pit stop area as well. They provide the helmet and a shower cap to wear as well for hygiene purposes. No sandals are allowed when driving. No seat belts or gear in the kart as well. We were given around 40 minutes to trial the circuit, and then a 35mins relay race to see how many laps we can do in that timing. There are boards where you can see how well your team is using. Kinda like a race course board. 


Above is the shot of the pit stop before the start of the trial drive. To get in and out of the pit stop, you have to drive through this narrow path which I am always afraid of hitting into. Lucky for me, no casualty. When you drove into the pit stop, you are required to also slow down. If not, they will deduct 1 lap from your team, which is quite a bummer.  


After the trial, the timing determines the position on the grid start for the actual relay race. I got to drive only 2 laps during the trial, but drove a solid 10mins during the race cause we were minimising the pit stop to have more time to clock more laps. It was super fun. I drove quite recklessly. Don't mind driving again but it was quite expensive. Expect to pay around SGD40 for maybe 20mins round the track. I would have love to drive alone on the track, but with other equally reckless driver around, it was easy to bang into people, which most of my other colleagues did. It was rather comical actually. Highly recommended!

Ref:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments