Monday, December 17, 2018

Penang Vegetarian Sushi Kitchen


I'm blogging so much on vegetarian restaurant that I'm wondering whether I should start a new category on vegetarian food instead. For today, let's blog about something outside of Singapore. Today and probably the next post as well, I'm gonna blog about Penang's vegetarian restaurant. To start, I'd like to introduce to you Sushi Kitchen, which is a Vegan Sushi restaurant/cafe located in Sungai Ara area, Penang. As of blogging this, I'm hoping that it is still open, so that you can drop by and give it a try. Above is a photo of a sketch of the place. Any place with its own personal sketch gets a thumbs up from me instantly!


My friend took me there quite a few year's back. We went for lunch, and we were very early, so managed to took some nice shot of the whole place. It is run by a Malaysian who has stayed in Taiwan for quite some time, before returning to Penang to open up this super chic place. We knew cause we were so early that he invited us to have a tea tasting session with him. And that was the first time I learn about tea ceremony, and how you use the taller cup thing to use to smell the scent of the tea before drinking it. It was definitely a unique and unforgettable experience being there. Almost cult like, lol. 


When you get to the place at the ground floor, it is actually among shop houses. You have to ring a bell and they will open the door for you to go in and walk up the stairs. You have to leave your shoes behind as it is a non-shoe restaurant. 


The restaurant is on the second floor, and it was quite spacious with natural sunlight shining in from all the big windows around it. You can scroll down to see more photos of the shop. But just outside the window, they have placed so many potted plants that it has a very green and natural feel to it. Super relaxing and cooling. Great place to hang out and just drink tea. Especially if it's raining! I could spend the whole weekend here!


Most of the seats are on the floor. Since it's Sushi Kitchen, I guess they wanted to make it Japanese style as well. So you have all these beautifully polished and shinny wooden flooring and tables that just lights up with the reflection of the soft lights and natural lights all around that created this wonderful warmth and welcoming feel to the place. 


They also have table and chair style of dining. The whole place is just decorated with retro items. In Penang all these items are still easy to find. I guess with the lower cost of running a business in Penang, people can actually just experiment and have awesome cool places like these. As compared to Singapore, it may be harder to survive having a shop like this.


Above more retro stuff for you to looked at while you wait for your food to arrive.


Naturally we picked the floor seating. Look how beautiful the setting is. I don't mind having a home like this. It's kinda Japanese inspired. I love wooden feel of a home, tall windows, naturally lightings and plants all around! 5 star for the ambiance of the place!


Sadly I don't have much photo of the food we had here except this one super blur photo. Being a Sushi Kithen, we did ordered some sushi, but since it was a Vegan Sushi Restaurant, there wasn't much I could write about it. But I do remember ordering a porridge, that came with all these tempura fried flour on it, and it was super crunchy and delicious. For such a beautiful place, I'm happy to say the food was also rather good. Can't remember how much it cost, but I highly recommend this place for a visit if you happen to be around this area. Do give it a try!

Ref:
Sushi Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments