Monday, December 24, 2018

TaiTai Tea at TCC Shaw Center


I've just changed job like 2 months ago, and since we're still fresh on this topic, I thought I'll just document my journey on that here. What does an afternoon tea at TCC got to do with a job change? Well it was on my 2nd interview, I took a full day off to attend the interview. It was Friday, and the interview was at noon. Since it was probably my final interview, I thought I should reward myself after it, regardless whether I succeed or not. It was  a reward for giving it my best shot. So I've made an appointment to meet with my ex-colleague to have tea at Orchard. 


When you are a female, working full time, you always dream of a tai-tai lifestyle. Tai-Tai translate to being a rich housewife, one that has time to have tea in town and chat with her girlfriend. And that was what we did. We probably sat there 3 to 4 hours just talking crap and sipping my herbal tea. The ambiance was great, with bright weekday workday sunlight shining into the restaurant. It wasn't crowded. A great place to catch up with friends and talk about anything. I manage to ask about working in South America, and whether it was safe for me to work there. That was my KPI for my new job (if I get it).


It was near mid-autumn festival, and TCC offered this special mooncake tea set consisting of two mooncakes and a tea. That was what I ordered. Above are two snowskin mooncake, one was chocolate truffles, and the other was white chocolate with some berries. I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised how good they were! Individually they cost around SGD8 per mooncake! I do recommend it. 

After tea, I headed to two more interesting place. Stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments