Sunday, December 9, 2018

Home cooked Thai Tom Yam


Since we're on the theme of healthy lifestyle, one of the best way to lose weight and still eat well is if you cooked your own meal. That is why where ever I travel, I like buying ingredient back from foreign countries so that I can recreate awesome food at home. So today, we are going to be sharing some Thai Tom Yam recipe! Just looking at the photo above is making my saliva drool.


During my March 2018 trip to Bangkok, I discovered a place call Big C supermarket. Basically it is a hyper market, and you can buy everything there. I stocked up on a lot of sauces. I tried a few and requested more when my Thai friend came visiting in June. I now have a drawer full of sauces, but not enough weekend to cook them all! Above is the recommended Thai Tom Yam Paste. I first bought it from Phuket, and thought it was rather authentic. 


It always help to pimp up your sauce-made home cooked meal with some attempt of fresh ingredient. I added fresh tomatoes, fresh red onions, fresh red chillies, fresh lemongrass and coriander. Main protein is of course, fresh prawns.


You could follow the recipe guide at the back of the pack, or you could cook it anyway you like. I just stir fried all the herbs and spices till fragrance. Adding the prawn and sauce to let it mixed and burn a bit, before adding the water and tomatoes to bring it all together. 


This is what it actually looked like after cooking. It doesn't really look appetising does it? But with the art of garnish, you can make it look like a restaurant dish! So below, voila! I actually serve it over potato noodles and added some mushrooms as well. It was oh-so-delicious! I love sour food! And this is just a sweeter version of mala to me! Heck, this post is making me hungry. 


So to stay healthy and thin, cook your own meals. Eat sour food and herbs and spices as it will help clear the oil in your system, as well as kill any germs inside as well. Some people say spicy food is actually bad for you. I do think it may be bad for your throat sometimes. But it is kinda addictive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments