Sunday, December 16, 2018

Honzen Vegetarian Fine Dining


At the time of blogging this, I got to know that this restaurant is actually now closed. It used to be at Farrer Park Little India area, and I guess it's one of those rare vegetarian fine dining that I've ever been to. We went there to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. Although the food wasn't fantastic, I thought I'll still blogged about it to show you what a vegetarian fine dining would be like. 

So the place is called Honzen, and it's Chinese character is actually read as Japanese to get the name Honzen. And the decoration of the place and serving style is super chic, super cool. Sad to say, that was the best part of the dining. The food was just okay for me. 


There were 4 of us dining there, and we each ordered the 8 course lunch, but with different variation each so that we could try as many of the food on offer as possible. The 8 courses comprises of appetiser, main, desserts, salad, drinks, soup, bread, vinegar shot. I would say the appetiser was the most appetising. The rest I couldn't really recall the taste at all. But the vinegar tomatoes served as appetiser was awesome, served chilled like it just came out of the fridge. 


The variety of food on the menu was impressive: lotus leaf rice, hainanese chicken rice, braised pork, sushi etc. The soup too came in many variety, but sadly all taste the same. So like I said, it was mainly the presentation of the food that was impressive. There was no craving to actually go back for more. Considering that it has closed down, I guess you won't be missing much. I just wanted to share the way the serve the dishes that made the meal enjoyable.

Enough said. Perhaps my time would be better spend blogging on other more interesting vegetarian places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments