Friday, December 21, 2018

Dinner at Super Tree by IndoChine


Our company's team building ended with dinner at Gardens By The Bay. We have booked the whole of SuperTree by IndoChine, and it was a highlight of that day for many of us. For one, we would probably never come here on our own cause it would be too expensive. I've never visited any IndoChine establishment before cause it was always frequent by "Ang-moh" that I always assume it was expensive, and probably not very asian anyway. 


Apparently, this place was one of the top restaurant in 2016. But I think most of us were there for the fabulous view. It was those super unique place to dine cause there is only one super tree you can dine at, and this was it. 


You have to take a lift up, and it leads to the restaurant directly. So when the lift opens, you are already at the entrance. It is a circular shaped restaurant, and you can either dine indoor with aircon, or outdoor overlooking the view. Me and my friend decided to dine outside cause it was cooling after a heavy rain that day, and the view was really the main attraction. But I must say, the indoor seating wasn't too shabby either. It was very lounge like and comfortable. 


We were served buffet for that night, and we ate till 10pm. Surprisingly the fried rice,  a simple dish you would normally avoid  in a buffet, was super delicious! But I spend most of my calories on salmon sashimi and scallop sashimi. My friends were hitting on the raw oysters. The thai fish and other finger food was also surprisingly good, not to mention the super addictive creme brule. 


The bar was an open bar, so I helped myself to a glass of wine. My colleagues who were with me didn't drink, so boo. I wished I could come here with my Japanese colleagues instead, it would have been wild. 


The bonus of having our dinner here was, we get free entrance to the Christmas village below as we need to go pass it to enter the restaurant. The whole garden was light up with Christmas lightings, and it was such a wonderful sight. Too bad we were there on a weekday and was in a rush to go catch the train  back, so I didn't really get to browse around the Christmas village much.


We did managed to snap a few photos of the place here and there while we were walking to and from the restaurant. So here are a few shots to share with you. Below is a "souvenir shot" as I would call it as it shows Christmas Lightings together with the Super Tree, thus telling the time and the place of the photo at the same time. Cool and smart, right? Stay tune for the next post as I will be sharing the view from the roof top bar of IndoChine. 


Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments