Monday, December 10, 2018

Home cooked Thai Stir Fried Chicken


Here is another simple to make Thai dish that is not just awesome in taste, but super cheap too! And it is so spicy that just a small portion of it is enough for a full meal cause you would be eating heaps of rice to cover your burning tongue!


Here is a close up of the brand I'm using. Each pack cost maybe SGD1 or SGD2. I was craving for something like basil chicken, but also a kinda tumeric-like type of spicy chicken. From the packaging, this looks like it may fit the bill, so I bough it to try. 


I had this idea that I would make a one-pot meal. So using just chicken breast SGD2, and a pack of fresh beans SGD1 or SGD2, I managed to make many portion of ready eat meals for myself. For extra kicks, I also added lemongrass, chillies, onions, garlic/ginger (I can't quite remember). 


Again you can follow the instructions. Here is a close up of the back of the packaging. As you can see, there are English instruction to guide you along as well. One need not be afraid of trying to cook foreign food at home. Even without English, there is still google translator to the rescue! And the way you cook food is kinda universal anyway. Just use common sense lah!


So my common sense says throw everything in a wok and stir fry them. That way, you don't have to wash the wok multiple times, and you get a balance diet of fiber, greens, proteins and spices! Yummy! I ate this dish served with rice, lots of rice. I wasn't expecting it to be that spicy! I wasn't sure whether the spiciness was due to the original sauce, or was it due to the chillies I threw in. To lessen the heat, I added a fried egg with a running yolk to help ease the pain on my tongue at the end of the meal. It's one of those hurt-so-good kinda meal. Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments