Monday, December 3, 2018

2018 L'occitane Advent Calendar


Yesterday I posted about my very first advent calendar. I thought I'll do a more detailed blog on it. I don't use many cosmetic or body care product much personally. But the idea of French made hand cream was such a luxury of a thought to me. I was given a Crabtree and Evelyn hand cream by my exboss during Christmas once, and I love it so much. To me, it was such a luxury item. At that time, I couldn't tell Crabtree and Evelyn and L'occitane apart, cause they all have this uniformed hand cream of the same size....


I remember that I have been eyeing the L'occitane hand cream for the longest time. And when my husband said I could buy anything on the duty free magazine on a flight we were in, I already knew what I wanted. I got my very first set of 3 hand cream and 3 fragrant set that came with matching carrier bags. I've used them for years and still haven't finished them. My favourite are the above two Cherry Blossom and Rose scented hand cream. The set cost around SGD70.


Seeing how they lasted so long and brought so much joy to me, this year I purchased my 2nd set in Melbourne airport, using the left over money from my trip. Above was the set I got, which was 3 bigger tube of hand cream, but with one new rose series. Again, it cost around SGD70. This should be enough to last me till I'm 70! I haven't started using them yet as I plan to squeeze whatever I am currently using dry first since they are so expensive. These cream are creamier for my hand as compared to common hand cream, and the fragrance last a lot longer. Sometimes I think they even sipped into your skin. My husband's nephew once held my hand when I wasn't wearing any hand cream, and he commended my hand smell nice. I figure that the scent and oil does soaked into your skin to protect it from dryness. 


Anyway, I do follow the brand on Facebook, and I always wanted to buy something from their online shop. But apart from the hand cream, I've never used any of their other products before. And seeing how each product was so bloody expensive, I wanted to try them first before investing in them. As luck may have it, I saw their 2018 Christmas Advent Calendar set that came with 24 items inside! I wanted to get it, but it cost around SGD80, and you have to purchase something from them first before you can buy the calendar! Boo! 


Well it so happened that I had to go back to Penang one weekend, and as we walked pass the duty free shop, I saw the Advent on sale! And it cost only SGD72, with no requirement to buy anything before you can purchase it! Needless to say, I bought it. Well actually, my husband bought it for me as my Christmas present. I was so excited over it that I youtube it to watch every single item inside, without opening my own until the actual day arrive. Well, it's December now! And since today is 3-Dec, I thought I'll show you the first three items: 


I opened the 1-Dec item on 2-Dec as I just got back from Penang. It was a bathing oil. I am so glad it has some simple instruction at the back of the bottle explaining how to use it cause I would have no clue other wise. This reminded me of those ancient times when ladies of the court may bath themselves in oil. Can't wait to try it. I plan to open everything daily first, take a group photo, before starting to use them starting next year.


The 2nd item is a dry skin hand cream. If you don't know, I have severe dry skin! Which is why I love this brand so much. If I do use it diligently, my skin texture do improve. I only use these cream on my hands cause they are beginning to show their age and I want to heal them before it is too late. Frankly speaking, I think it's already too late, but still....


3-Dec I got an exfoliating soap. I knew there were about 3 types of soap in the calendar. I have already prepared my little Bali wooden soap tray to be used with all these pretty petite soap. Can't wait to use them as I haven't been using any actual exfoliator for my skin lately except for coffee powder.

So there you have it, first 3 days of December. In case you are impatient and wants to see what the whole box contains, I'll leave a youtube video here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments