Saturday, December 15, 2018

Bollywood Vegetarian


Since we're on a roll on healthy living, I've decided to post out all the nice vegetarian restaurant that I've had the pleasure of dining in. Some of my family and friends are vegetarian, so knowing which place to hang out in helps a lot and gives us something to look forward to. Apart from going on a 3 month vegetarian diet when I was around 24, I've also started really appreciating vegetarian food when I was doing my post grad studies where my study buddy was a vegetarian. He showed me that vegetarian wasn't boring at all by bring me and introducing me to some of the most amazing vegetarian restaurant in Singapore. Humanist group friends were also most plant based people, so along the way, I have grown quite fond of vegetarian food. In my new workplace, I've started a habit of eating vegetarian lunch whenever we eat at a food court. It is cheaper, healthier, and eliminates the "what should I eat today" decision making. 


Let me introduce you to Bollywood Veggies, a small farm in Kranji area run by a retired couple. If you ever wanted a day out in the countries in Singapore, Kranji is the place to go. There are many farms there, and this one you can drop by to buy some veggies grown locally, and have a wonderful vegetarian meal. The serving and price are reasonable enough that I've been back a few times since. It is easier to drive there as public transport are a bit limited. Else also look up free shuttle buses during weekend and public holiday. Great place to hang out with kids.


Apart from the main dishes, they serve awesome desserts as well. My favourite being this Kueh Bengka (the yellow cake here) which is pretty authentic! I was introduced to this place by my walking buddies, and have been back with my in-laws who are vegetarian a few times. 


During weekend, there is usually a farmer's fair nearby where you can buy vegetables, or eat some local food and snacks. On a beautiful Sunday, with all the greeneries and sunlight around, it is a great place to spend the day just chilling here.


On that particular day, it was so hot we all chilled with sugar cane water. Bring a book! Hang out with family and friends here. Singapore may be a city, but there are many great getaway nearby and around too! Let me slowly post them out here for you slowly.... Stay tune!


Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments