Thursday, March 14, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Pavilion Bukit Bintang


After visiting Pavilion Bukit Jalil, I was back to Bukit Bintang quite late in the afternoon, and didn't feel like spending the rest of the day at the hotel. Since the sky was so beautifully blue, I decided to make it a Pavilion Day, and made my way to the Pavilion Bukit Bintang to check it out. Above photo was taken from Pavilion Bukit Bintang looking out, with Starhill on the opposite side of the street. Eslite, a Taiwanese bookstore chain was set to open a branch there in December 2022. I was too early this trip, so I missed it :(


I heard a Japanese youtuber describe Pavilion Bukit Bintang area as the Ginza of Malaysia. Really? The front view, with the fountain and the arch entrance sure looks impressive. But to be frank, I wasn't much a fan of mall no matter how fancy they are, unless they have a nice bookstore inside of them of course! And this one has none! Booo!


Here is a shot from inside the building looking out the huge glass panel. I love this shot. It's like one of those high end fashion magazine's shot of New Year City. Or so I dreamt. But seriously, it's a nice angle, right?


Back to the mall, there are the usual chain store here and there. Nothing very exciting. Oh wait, yes, I was excited they have a Paul in the basement. I was hoping to buy a quiche for dinner. But get this, Paul in Malaysia DOES NOT sell quiche! How un-French can you be??? Totally disappointed!


Similar to the Bukit Jalil Pavilion, there was a whole floor dub as Tokyo Street (instead of Tokyo Town in Bukit Jalil). Guess prime estate here is more expensive, so they could only afford a street? Hahahaha. But it was still impressive, with a huge kannon lantern marking the entrance of it. 


Lots of Japanese shops here. Including food restaurant and what note. They have a Muji there which I went to check it out. But again, I didn't spend any money there. Not even dinner. I wanted to eat at Santouka Ramen, but I was still full from my lunch of tsukemen.  Told you growing old was good for my travel budget!


I did came across these cute Japanese paper dolls at the mall and totally love them!


Nov was still Autumn going on Winter. Not sure why these spring /summer looking deco was here in the mall. Maybe to the Japanese, Malaysia is a permanent spring/summer! Anyway, I think I got bored after wandering around an hour or so, and decided to head back to the hotel to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments