Thursday, March 21, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Arriving in Taipei


Beautiful sunset on the evening of my first day in Taipei. Yes, I am back :)  Taipei, have you missed me?


Took the morning flight to Taipei from Singapore after transiting in Singapore overnight. But I spend it at the comfort of my own home, sleeping comfortably on my bed and aircon on! I have no big bed nor aircon in my home in Penang...

Had my early breakfast courtesy of SQ, thank you! However, you don't see any laksa here cause if I recall correctly, SQ changed the gate of the flight, so I didn't have time to have a proper breakfast cause I needed to rush to a different terminal! And if you have even been to Changi Airport before, it is super huge! So I had to cater to 30mins of walking from gate to gate. Angry! But free breakfast, gottta load up! Still got time to take some TWG tea, and of course, my favourite tomato juice box! All too expensive for me to buy on my own.....


Here's a picture of me on my window seat! Spot anything missing? Like, perhaps, a WINDOW? Yup, I got a window seat with NO WINDOW. I was verbally disappointed, and it must have showed on my face too, cause the air stewardess who greeted me looked taken aback when she ask how was I settling in.... Anyway, she told me to calm down and she will move me to a window seat once everyone is seated and if there are any openings. Grrrr... But luckily, it was a weekday flight, so I was moved (thank God!) to a window seat once the cabin door was closed. Thank you SQ for helping me make the change even though it was your ground crew's mistake cause I specifically asked for window seat, and WAS given a window seat. Just that nobody expected a missing window there.....


I was hungry, not having load up on free food at the lounge. When lunch was served, although it was carbo high, I ate up every single thing. When you travel on budget, when food is served and you don't have to pay (even though this one is included in the ticket), EAT UP!


 It was a quick flight. I had a playlist of movies to catch up on, and food and drinks. I was happy. But soon we were touching down. The view as we flew into Taipei was clear, and beautiful. How is it I don't recall seeing these before? I have been to Taipei for work for at least 3 or 4 times. 


Like this structure above. I don't recall seeing it before. Have you? Anyway, landing and going through immigration was a breeze for me. I always suspect once you're in a country's system after the first time, the subsequent entry will always be a breeze. The airport custom staff even said hi to me and pointed out that I must be a Malaysian cause I hold a red passport. He said red means either Japan or Malaysia. Really? After which he sternly asked if I have any pork products on me, lol. No pork carry in allowed here!


After clearing the airport, I went to try my lucky on some lucky draw that Taiwan Tourism Board was having for all tourist. Sadly I didn't win anything, which was kind of a shock for me. I did won 5000yen in my earlier trip to Fukuoka! Anyway, disappointed, I went looking to charge up my transit card, and took the cheapest train into town.... Taipei Train Station was a super maze! I was pretty lost when I landed looking for my exit. But look! Mr Donut! And LINE edition too! How cute. I would have love to have some, but somehow.... on a budget. Jobless now. No income! Stay focus!


    

Above is Nys Loft Hotel just above Taipei Station. 


I checked into an office building hostel, but with a private single room. I always start my trip with cheap accommodation first, keeping the more expensive hotels at the end of the trip, cause I knew I'll get exhausted along the trip. On the start of the trip, I can "tahan" anything! 


There must have been some miscommunication, I was given a room in a male floor. I thought I misheard when the receptionist told me to come down to the ladies floor to use the washroom. Why would I do that? So "mafan"!  Then I figured it out, I was in a guy's floor -______-  But there were washroom marked as "Female" too, so I never bothered to go downstairs. I was often out early and back early when nobody was around anyway. In my two night's stay, I only saw one weird guy who was kind enough to go back to his room whenever he spotted me in the corridor, lol. 


After unpacking and washing up, it was time to go out to the night market!
Beautiful street scene of Taipei above. 
Stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments