Monday, March 11, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Tsutaya Bookstore


After organising and tagging my photos, I'm going to post 3 entries on Tsutaya alone. That would probably meant that it was my 2nd favourite place to visit in my KL trip! I mean, I did travel almost more than an hour just to get to this place. Was it worth the trip? Well, I did spend 2 hours inside. And the bookstore was amazing BUT very very expensive. I actually didn't buy anything from there at all, but I did enjoyed my visit there. So it wasn't a visit in vain at all. I saw so many beautiful things there, as well as a lot of beautiful books which I will post about in my last entry. Above photos shows one of the entrance to the bookstore which they have locked up. But I just love the plants and the concrete and wood feel of the place. Instant zen!


The book store have quite a lot of seating spaces. Decorated with neat lamp to make it look so library classic. I love these solo seating, cause most of the time, I go to bookstores on my own. Most of the books are not wrapped, so you can actually read them and put them back on the shelves. But a few months after my visited, I saw an announcement that they will start wrapping up the books because apparently some Malaysian readers don't take good care of the new books. What a shame!


Here's a view of one of the seat. It overlooks the outside view, which was kinda cool. You can take a rest here, read some books, and charge your phone all at the same time!


They also have group seating tables. Again, love the open space  natural lighting of the whole place. The wooden shelves and furniture really adds warmth to the whole place. Wish I have a house like that! What a dream!


In case you get hungry while browsing for books, there is also a Japanese cafe on site. I actually planned to have a coffee and cake at the cafe, but my usual frugal self just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money for maybe just 30minutes of indulgence, lol. So I didn't end up eating there. I saved the money for my nice tsukemen lunch instead. 


I do love their display of the menu on this plasma vertical display. It's the way they display the cakes and drinks that just blend in so well with the surrounding. Oh man, everything is just super cool in this bookstore, and I love it!


Last words on the bookstore, would I come here again? For daydreaming, yes! For purchasing of books, no. Cause prices was just to high for me, even though they do have some of the most beautiful book collection I've ever seen. If I have unlimited money, and a library at home, then yes! This would be a great place to come shopping!

Ref:

Tsutaya Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments