Sunday, March 17, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Trader Hotel Part 2


Once back in my room, I was not leaving it! I've always wanted to stay in this hotel, specifically to watch the New Year countdown and fireworks. But I've never managed to book a room on 31-Dec before, and sadly, I've never found anyone to come share this beautiful experience with me before. So finally being here on my own, was something I was really proud of. Here's me enjoying the view and relaxing in my room. 


For lunch, I decided to go with nasi lemak, cut mangoes, and some fruit infused tea I got from Donki. The nasi lemak was surprisingly delicious even though it was quite a small portion. And isn't it iconic to eat such a national dish while looking out into one of the most famous national attraction in your country? Damn, I should plan another trip there! Maybe this time, a real New Year's Day stay.....


Needless to say, my dinner was also eaten on the same table overlooking the same view. The sushi was passable. I would even say quite expensive. But it did the job of keeping me full. I just wanted some Japanese themed food for dinner. 


Above are all the bath salt I actually had on hand! I decided to use the cheaper Donki ones. Interestingly I couldn't get the water heater to work in the bathroom on my first day. I suspect it was due to me not switching on any lights in the bathroom. It was working fine the next morning when I on the lights. What a pity. But I still managed to enjoy the bath twice. And a small hack I've picked up from using scented bath salt was, I kept the packaging, and I use them as closet freshener. The top left forest scented pack was amazing! Two years on, my clothes still smells lovely from the scent! Super love it. 


At around 5pm or so, I did order food delivery. I was too lazy to travel to Lalaport to buy these bombolone. Luckily, they were available online. And it was the same price as the store too. Since I was a foodpanda subscriber at that time, the delivery was free if I ordered above 25rm. Not a problem! I found a package deal with 4 bombolone and 1 pack of crouton that met the price range. I went down around 5pm to wait for the delivery, wondering what the hotel staff thought of me, lol. Able to stay in a high end hotel, but can't afford to dine in a restaurant. Who cares! Amazingly, they gave me an extra pack of crouton! I love this shop so much! And I've also discovered that not all croutons are made the same! Theirs was heavenly! Especially in soup, or in salad soaked in balsamic vinegar! S&I is a must buy whenever I come to KL again!


Even their packaging was cute and thoughtful!


And here are the lovely bombolone. I did thought of bringing them back to Penang. But I changed my mind. It was just too troublesome. So yes, I ate all 4 of them. 2 for tea, and 2 for breakfast the next day. In total, I ate 6 bombolone on this trip. I regret nothing!


The rest of the evening was spend just staring into the view outside. It started to drizzle around late evening, so I can't go and watch the fountain show at the KLCC garden. Oh who was I kidding, I was hopping to catch it from my view directly! But at last, due to the rain, it was cancelled.  But it was ok, the night view was still stunning enough to entertain me.  So that was what I did the whole night, and the whole early morning. Staring into the 60sgd a night view of the Twin Towers. And it was one of the most happy hotel stay I've ever experienced :) Here are some views for you to admire. 





And the last one is me, signing off for the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments