Saturday, March 2, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - MinNature Malaysia States

 

The major exhibit, or the largest, must be the individual state's highlights. I guess they were trying to recreate the whole Malaysia, haha, but I don't recall seeing Perlis though. I think there was Kedah somewhere below, but I'm not sure. I could be wrong. I could have missed it. But here is all I've got, the highlights of Malaysia.  Welcome to Subway MiniWorld! A product placement that is done right! I think above is Genting Highlands, but I can't be sure....


The way they did the sights of Kuala Lumpur was amazing. Above is Dataran Merdeka. Interestingly, on that same day, I took a bus tour around all these sights and saw them in real life sized glory! The feeling of patriotism was real here!


I especially like the above, something I've long forgotten existed. I reminded me of my schooling time. Or maybe when I was younger, I'm pretty sure this image was in one of our bank notes? It was difinitely in our text books! I can't even remember if I've ever visited this place. 


I've definitely visited Museum Negara. The last time I was there, they had an amazing head-hunter exhibition. Not recruitment, mind you, actual real human head, shrunk and hung around for decorations. It was an exhibition of the head hunters of Borneo. Needless to say, my mum did not care at all for the exhibit! Very "pantang" for her!


Above I am guessing is Central Market, KL. Not my favourite place, but tourist seems to love it. In those tourist websites they always advertise this place and make it look so cool. But when I was there, most of the shops were closed. Those that were open were overpriced. Maybe they were selling high quality craft. I was not impressed. 


The scene of Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) going through the villages is one of nostalgic feel. And frankly, you can take a train to any states in Malaysia (I think). Even in Borneo, they have their own railway which you can take. Schedule unpredictable though. Be warned!


One of the cool thing about this exhibition was the lighting shows that came on like, every ten minutes or so. Some even have fireworks shown. Very entertaining! And while waiting for the light show, one can't help but explore more the details of the art work on display!


My beloved state of Penang, and it's famous Kek Lok Si. They have a lot more on Penang, but this scene was the nicest. So we will leave it as that lol. 


Scenes of Terengganu. Can't comment much. The only time I've been there was in the middle of the night, in some deserted beach watching some turtle laying eggs. 


Above was mentioned as Teluk Intan. I assume it is Perak. There are those old kilt shown here too, which I am not too familiar with.


And initially I thought the above was the leaning tower or Teluk Intan, but at closer look, maybe it's a scene of Alor Setar Kedah? They have those royal towers where they kept the royal musical instrument. Maybe I'll be able to verify it when I actually go to Alor Setar again in May after many years! I want to visit the Pasar Rabu there, and maybe explore the town a bit via the KTM Komuter. 


Above the sights of Pahang that I've never seen before. And I have spent most of my childhood school holidays in Kuantan Pahang too! Noted I'm always locked up at home, bored to death. Food there wasn't that great either. And it's a place where I ate so much durian that I literally puke. Ah... Kuantan....Nope, don't have much good memories of the place. 


Above is the beautiful Minangkerbau houses, the icon of Negeri Sembilan. It's also a state I've never been before, and I heard the sambal and dishes there are very 'pedas!' spicy! Man, doing this blog makes me want to go for my great Malaysia tour!


Malacca was also shown here. Nothing very note worthy. I think they could have shown more prominent sights. I am guessing the white structure on the hill is A-Farmosa?


Above Kelantan, another state that I've not been to. The jungle train going there is pretty famous. Oh man, maybe I should go! What am I waiting for!


Johor, or JB is ever so popular with the Singaporeans. All I ever see there is malls! I've been to Legoland there, and it was super fun. But other than JB, nothing much. My favourite Hotel Muntiara has closed down during Covid, and I don't really fancy other places to stay there any more. 


Lastly are the two states in Borneo. Sabah above, and Sarawak below. I've only ever been to Kuching, Sarawak. I do plan to visit the place again. Just dunno when. Just wondering what the hell am I waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments