Saturday, March 16, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Trader Hotel Part 1


On the last morning of my budget hotel, I was ready to leave and start my luxury part of my holiday! I think I must have left around 830am or so, not even bothering to eat my breakfast. I wanted to make the walk to KLCC before the heat gets too much for me. I was staying at Trader Hotel, near Twin Tower. Remember when I said I wasn't anxious to get a good photo of the towers? That's cause I knew I would get to stare at it to my heart's content on my last stay. 


I might have reached Trader Hotel around 9am+. There was no harm, so I asked if it was possible for me to check in early? The receptionist checked and said there was a room available, but at a lower floor, was I ok with it. I just needed to confirm I can see the tower, since I paid extra for a tower view. She said yes, and I was given the keys to my room! What a relief! First thing I did was on the aircon, sat down and have a nice mug of Ipoh White Coffee with my Ipoh Biscuit I've bought along for this trip. Having breakfast and looking at that view. Did I mentioned I paid only around 60sgd for a night stay here? I had a lot of free values to redeem from Hotel.com. And this was what I was going to splurge on! 


Let me show you around the room. It was a rather spacious room! Super big fluffy bed that I didn't want to get out from. It reminded me very much of those nice hotels I stayed at during my business trip. Only this time, I was paying for this from my own pocket.


I love the sitting room area of the room, cause the full glass window looks out right into the KLCC Park and Twin Towers. I love the red chair to. I actually moved it later on to face the window and ate practically all my meals there. The sofa was for when I have not yet bath. And you can see my faithful thermo flask in the room too. I still needed my tea to calm my nerves.


One of the feature I was looking forward to was the bathtub in the room. I super love soaking in a hot bath, and especially so it bath salt was involved. I have brought some bath salt with me, but I've also bought a dozen or so from Donki during this trip. Was gonna relax in the tub at least twice in this stay!


But before I can settle down to enjoy the room in full without leaving it (which was what I've planned. Spending so much on a hotel room is only worth it if you are fully utilising it!), I needed to stock up supplies of food for my stay. KLCC was just maybe a 15minutes walk away, but the hotel provides a buggy service to bring you there and back. All you have to do is scan the QR code, and whatsapp the driver to come and pick you up. Since I've paid for the room, might as well use the service that is provided! 


KLCC has a cold storage at the basement. I was thinking what to get for lunch, dinner, tea, maybe next day's breakfast? But I was also on a budget, so restaurant food might be out of the question. I decided to try cold storage after getting some pampering supplies from Guardian. 


Here was what I got. Some nasi lemak, cause I'm on a Malaysian holiday, some sushi since I'm on a Japanese themed holiday, some fruits and juice cause I needed some fibre, and a can of cider just to relax. 


At Guardian, I got some face mask and some hair oil. The nose script and the Elemis face cream was what I brought along from home, and the bath salt was from Donki. Speaking of Elemis, I wanted so much to buy a gift pack for myself at Pavilion since I love their products. But the price was kinda high, so I put it off.... I did eventually got it from online shipping at almost half the price, and with tonnes of sample given too! So it was a happy ending for me. I super love their rose scented face cream.


After shopping, I took the buggy ride back again. I planned to stay in the room till I checked out, hahahaha. Above shows my to-do list for this stay, and I never did manage to go to the Sky Bar cause I was too lazy, not to the fountain cause it was drizzling in the evening. I did manage to leave my room to pick up some bombolone, and that was totally worth it. By the way, the cute comic book was what I got for myself from Kinokuniya. Cute right? Next few post will be on how I spend my time locked up in this beautiful hotel :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments