Friday, March 15, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - KLCC

 

The next morning, I didn't have much planned. I didn't feel like taking any long commute anywhere, and there wasn't anything I particularly wanted to see in KL. So I decided to have an early lunch (I think) and walked over to KLCC to check out Kinokuniya. There was a linked walkway from Pavilion Bukit Bintang to KLCC which I've never knew about. I needed to make my way there on my final night anyway, so I thought since I have time, I'll check it out one day earlier without my luggage first. Above photo was part of the scene from the walk (I think). I recall some part of the walk way was kinda closed, and you have to kinda figure it out where to go..... very Malaysian I must say..... -_______-


For lunch, again I decided to go big, and I have craving for tonkatsu. The ones with lovely mustard and starchy Japanese rice. I found Ma Maison Ebisu at the Japanese food court in Lot10. I wanted to try the ones at iSetan dining, but those were kinda out of my range. This one looks more "salary-man" price range :P


I must say, Japanese food quality in KL is very good! At an average price of 10sgd a meal, I would say it's a lot cheaper than in Singapore. The restaurants are often not crowded, cause it's still expensive to the normal Malaysian. And coming from Penang, why can't I get such food there? The quality of Japanese food in Penang was not only low in quality, but the price was ridiculously high too! 


I found Kinokuniya in KLCC, and skipped all the English book section. I headed to the Japanese book section and spend some time there. After much debate with myself, I actually purchased a book from there! Yes, a souvenir for my trip! I will show you the book in my next day's post. 


There was gonna be an Ultramen event at Kino, but unfortunately not when I was there. I've been avoiding traveling during weekends or going anywhere during weekends, and I discovered that most events are only held on weekends. What irony. 


I also found Din Tai Fung in KLCC, but get this, it's called DIN, and it's halal! What? XiuLoongBao without pork? What is this work coming to? That's a NO for me, sorry. I also find it hard to accept halal ramen store, or korean bbq like Seoul Garden. Might as well go vegetarian!


Had a lovely short day and went back to the hotel early. I was getting kinda sick of my cheap hotel and I wanted to sleep early so that the final luxury stage of my trip will arrive sooner. Yup, I've booked myself on my bucket list hotel in KL, splurging a one night stay there. More of that in the next post. But as a preview, I leave you here with a photo of the twin tower again! (hint hint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments