Friday, March 8, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Night Tour Part 1

I was back at the hotel rather early, and was wondering whether I should stay in, or go see the night scene of KL. I wanted to see the Saloma bridge very much, it's the one in red blue in the top photo. There was a bus tour that takes you around all the sights in KL, and it cost around 35rm for locals. Thinking how the foreigners have to pay more for this makes me want to go on it even more. After all, I do have a Malaysian IC! Value for money! And although I was rather lazy, the weather forecast for the next few days seems to be rainy, so that evening was actually the best weather to go for the bus ride. 

So as lazy as I was, at around 5pm or so, I purchased the night tour ticket online. They sent me an email confirmation. The meeting point was at Sungai Wang, 10 minutes walk away. I could rest until then. 


I even have the QR code and all. And then, bugger that, I read that I still have to go redeem a physical ticket at Sungai Wang. WTF. I better get there early to redeem, and probably queue for a good seat on the bus? I was aiming for the roof top seat of course!

So around 7pm or so, I made my way to Sungai Wang. Get this, I still have to queue with other customer who was purchasing tickets! And once you got your tickets, you have to go queue to board the bus. They don't let you board the bus though, you just queue outside like in a taxi stand. bummer! What a waste of time!

 

While waiting, I soak in the night scene of Bukit Bintang. Above was taken after I was on the bus roof top. I got a seat somewhere at the back. Some of the seats were even wet as it was raining earlier. But it stopped just as we set off :) Anyway, doesn't the above look like the running man from Osaka? You can also see the back of the 1st bus, with the sign Ronda-Ronda KL. I like that word, Ronda-Ronda. It means just walking around in a relaxing manner. Sometimes, I think Malay words are softer, and more loving. Like a sign I saw near a McDonald drive thru that says: Sudah Dekat, Main Singgah, which translate to, since you're nearby, just come on in and hang out a while. 


Anyway, Bukit Bintang was buzzing with lights and sound. It looks wonderful if you ignore all the old run down buildings around and just focus on the new and lightings.  There were a lot of tourist around. 


The futuristic monorail train...



Here was what I got after changing my tickets. I paper ticket (roll eyes), and a pamphlet. So much for going paperless! Oh well, I guess it makes a good souvenir. I was excited! 


I saw at the back of the bus. I didn't mind. And I was surprise there were actually a lot of Malays among the crowd. Some with large family! Must have cost them a fortune! I mean, for me, even though it was 35rm for the ticket, it was still kinda expensive for me. That's 10sgd! for a 2 hour bus ride! lol. But frankly, it was worth it. It could have been better, but it was a cool experience. I think this may be the first time I've ever done a cheesy roof top bus ride before. And I am glad it was in Kuala Lumpur! 

Will go into the sights I saw on the ride in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments