Saturday, March 9, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Night Tour Part 2


So what can one see on the Night Tour bus? Well, all the sights of KL of course! But what they didn't mention was, some of the sights was more of a drive by then an actual stop. But for 35rm, let's not complain! I was happy the moment I saw the Saloma Bridge above. It was the first time I saw it in my life. I've not been to KL for a very long time and have only heard about this beautiful bridge via social media. It was the very first sight we drove to. The bus drove by it twice so that we get a better chance of taking a nice photograph of it. It was stunning! Target achieved! Everything else after that for me was a bonus.


We drove past the Museum Negara twice too. The thing was, it was a drove by, and it was quite fast, and there was really no announcement or warning that a sight was coming up. If I didn't know that was the national museum, I would have totally missed it. I thought that was something that could have been improved. 


The bus also went all the way to the top of Bukit Nanas where the KL Tower was. It stopped for like 10 - 15  minutes. I didn't really really went in as I've been there before. Besides, it was starting to drizzle when we reach there. Above was the best I could do with the camera on my phone.  Night view was hard when you are on a bus, plus driving by in motion, plus the damn rain! It was one of the most challenging photo taking for me!


After Bukit Nanas, we also went thru Little India and Chinatown. But it was so fast that I didn't really get any nice photos. After that, it was a long ride via the highway, and we ended up at the palace! I've never been to the royal palace before. No we can't really go in. The bus just stopped at the carpark nearby, and we were allowed to run up nearer to take a photo. 


Above was the best I could get. The palace is the dome like structure far away. The arch structure was the main gate to go into the palace. Needless to say, it was off limit! It might have looked better during day time as I'm sure the palace ground would have been more impressive. But for this trip, I can only settle for a blur photo of the royal palace. 


Another long stretch of ride along the highway again from the palace back to KL, and we ended up in Dataran Merdeka. Again, I was too lazy to get down, but the sights were beautiful. I love the islamic architecture found in all the famous landmark that I grew up seeing only on TV. I can't even recall if I've ever been to Dataran Merdeka before when I was young. But I was very much impressed with the sights. 


I wasn't sure what some of the buildings were, but they were just so beautiful. Like this structure above, I'm pretty sure it's some government building. And unlike those colonial building that has been left unmaintained in Ipoh, these were pretty well kept. Well, most of them anyway....


Here is another angle of the same building. This might be where the River of Life path was? I wanted to do my own walking tour of River of Life in KL, having heard so much about it from Youtube videos. I have actually planned it when I was to visit my KL office for lunch with my colleagues. But my colleague cancelled on me, so I never did bother to make my way to Masjid Jamek station to do the walk. I've sure there will be another time. I'm sure I'll visit KL again in near future. I've not even been to Chinatown!


Above, one of the most romantic photos I got. I love this building, and how they light up the place. It reminded me of fairy tales, or Arabian nights, of Persian Prince.... I couldn't get enough of these scene. Perhaps once day I will visit them all in day light. But it wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't capture the lightings that made them just glow in your deep imagination....


Speaking of unmaintained structure earlier, above was I think, the KL train station. I'm not sure if it was under renovation or not, but it looked damn depressing. So when I bought my train ticket to KL, this was actually the station I was supposed to get down on. But it was dark and quite deserted when we stopped there that I assumed it was not my destination. I alighted at KL Sentral instead. I only found that I alighted at the wrong station when I was on my way back to catch the train. I had to pay 10rm for the extra ride from KL Sentral to KL Station. It was damn confusing! 


The last sight we stopped at was of course, the KL Twin Towers. I wasn't too rushed to take any photos, cause I knew I was going to see this more in my last few days in KL :)  Above was the best view I could get along the stop. It was still pretty amazing to me. The wonders of architecture. You've got to see it to feel it! After the night tour, the bus went back to Sungai Wang, and I was feeling high as I made my way back to the hotel. It was a night well spent! I love it and I was glad I booked the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments