Saturday, March 23, 2024

Solo Trip - Taiwan (July 2023) - Taipei First Summer Morning Walk

The next morning, I woke up super early cause I wanted to go to the nearby (30mins walk) market for breakfast. It says on the internet that they open by 6am. It was summer, I was out early as the sun was up. To get there, I use the underground tunnel of Taipei Station. I came across a calligraphy above and thought how beautiful it was. I love Chinese calligraphy!


This was how early it was. The whole underground was practically empty! It was a long walk, and I am thankful there aren't many homeless people or weird people sheltering here. I do see many of them at Taipei Main Station, and I saw some using the public toilets here too. Note to self, maybe don't walk here at such unearthly hours! Anyway, the walk was in vain. I did made it to the market, but most of the food stall was still closed -_______-  And since it was hot, and I was hungry, I decided to walk back to the hotel.


I went in search of breakfast, not having much idea what to eat. I wanted to sit down for a bowl of something. But I guess it was too early? I found a shop with a long queue and decided to check it out. Ha! Pan fried Bao! One of my favourite food in Taiwan! So I joint the queue. 


Luckily the menu was easy enough to read, and the price was super affordable. I ordered two bao and soya milk. I must confess, thru out the trip, I went to the same chain shop many times. Maybe 3 or 4 times. Cause it was a delicious, cheap and filling breakfast. No idea why my two hometown don't sell more of these juicy delicacy. 


After breakfast, I went back to the hotel cause it was like, 35 degrees celcius at around 9am. After cooling down, I decided to venture out again to explore the nearest park. I didn't know the name then, but I googled it after I came back, and it was called Peace Park. Ha. Interesting. This was the second Peace Park I visited this year, the first was in Nagasaki. Anyway, the first sight I came across was the museum. The front looks pretty enough. And I love that there are so many greens surrounding it. But no, I didn't go in. I had a lunch appointment later, so I needed to head back after my short walk. 


It was not a bad walk for my first day. I saw the above pagoda in the park. I am guessing this place is not a very touristy place cause there was hardly anyone there. Again there were the usual old uncles hanging around there. But compared to other countries I have been to, or even to my own (yikes), they looked pretty decent. What I love most about summer mornings? Blue sky as backdrop for all my photos! Love!


The abstract peace structure in the middle of the park. All I see from this photo is MC Hammer's pants! It was a pretty garden. Many Chinese seniors doing their meditation, their tai chi and their qi gong. I was just happy to walk around. 


I saw a big main road next to the park, so I ventured out to explore. Lo and behold, a beautiful red building. I forgot what this was. A central fire station? I guess I could google it for you, but I'm kinda lazy at the moment. Maybe I'll com back in future to update this post. But look at that beautiful blue sky! It almost looked like a post card!


There was also a statue of a red guy nearby. Actually he was across the road from me, and I used my super zoom mobile phone to take his picture. Who was he? Founder of Taiwan perhaps? Or maybe Confucious? 


Making my way back to the hotel, I went through the garden part of the park and was stunned that such a beautiful park exist in such close proximity to Taipei Main Station! There was a pond there, fishes, and surprising lots of birds. Many aunties were chatting in groups. Lone uncles bird watching. I love the brown leaves on some of the trees, as they reminded me of autumn garden in Japan. Needless to spend, I spend the most time here :)  


My favourite shot of the birds in the park :)  
If I told you I took this in Taipei City, I bet you won't believe me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments