Sunday, March 10, 2024

Solo Trip - Kuala Lumpur (November 2022) - Pavilion Bukit Jalil

 

Day 3 in KL, and my backup plan for Japan continues. As you can see, I was rather successful judging by the giant torii gate photo as the cover of my current post. I actually visited two Pavilion in KL on this day, Pavilion Bukit Jalil, and Pavilion Bukit Bintang. After the day was through, I must admit, I was rather sick of fake Japan! Hahahahaha. 

The day started off with cheese stick bread from one of my favourite bakery DonQ which I found at the basement of Lalaport. Expensive bread, almost same price as Singapore! And my own drip coffee which I brought along. I did tried drinking the 3-in-1 nescafe they provided in the hotel. I took a sip and threw it all down the sink. I've come a long way in coffee drinking.....

It was going to be a long journey to find Pavilion Bukit Jalil.  I had to take the train to Awan Besar station, translated as Big Cloud Station. It's a little bit American Indian sounding, don't you think? I took a photo of the sign as proof that this is a real station!

There are shuttle buses provided that brings you from the train station to the mall, at a fixed interval. Being in Malaysia, I wasn't sure if the buses actually runs.... I was prepared to take a grab in the event it didn't. But a few people were waiting for the bus, so I figured I'll wait and see too. Luckily it did ran! I took it to the mall, and also back from it.


Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall was huge! And the Japanese themed deco are really over the top, and in your face! They have so much space to play with. Just above are all claw machines lining the wall of Tokyo Town of the mall.


The Japanese lanterns illuminating the walls were pretty impressive too! Lalaport was nothing compared to this!


They have two gigantic sumo dolls at the entrance of Tokyo Town. None of those 2D poster looking thing like I saw in Lalaport. This was the real deal! 


There were even some Japanese exhibit in one corner of Tokyo Town. I saw some of the anime that I've watched and loved in this section. Above is an anime, and also a life action series of the same name - Kotaro Lives Alone. It's a very cute series that for some reason, kept making me cry almost every episode! I've learned so much from this beautiful sweet anime.


I also saw Ajin poster, a movie that I've watched before staring Takeru Satoh, one of my favourite Japanese Actor. I've watched almost everything he stars in, especially the Rurouni Kenshin movies <3


There was even a wall dedicated to all the Japanese instant noodles here!


Aside from Japanese restaurant, I also found a sake bar/shop in one of the corner. That was quite a big deal in a muslim country where the Donki don't sell the beers I love! And they even have Astro Boy and Doraemon poster sake! Japanese marketing are so casual. Are these sake aim at kids as targetted audience? Lol. 


Needless to say, I had my Japanese themed lunch here as well. I was hoping they have the yuzu tsukemen lunch set, but sadly not on that day. With the lunch set, I think it came with free gyoza and tea. But tsukemen was what I came for, so even at full price, I ordered what I've came for! The cost was almost 30rm I think. Maybe more.... And I blatantly even put my tea thermo on the dining table and didn't order any drinks from them! Lol.  The noodles were made fresh in the shop, and it was from a well known noodle chain, so the quality was amazing. After finishing the meal, I paid, step out of the shop and drank my tea from my thermos, still warm might I add :)


Ya, so the reason I came so far, travelling almost an hour or so to this mall was mainly to visit this bookstore. It was the first Tsutaya bookstore in Malaysia, and my social media was lit with its posting. I have got to come visit. And the next post (or a few) will just be about this beautiful (but extremely expensive) bookstore.  After this visit, I thought this was a high-end bookstore. But when I visited Japan last year 2023, I visited a branch in Nagoya. It was just a normal bookstore with regular priced books. But in Malaysia, this was luxury class! Even more "atas" than Kinokuniya!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments